While The Apollonian Revolt retains a small staff of volunteer writers, editors, and interns, we welcome article submissions for review from anyone interested in contributing.
Before you submit your article, make sure that it
- is free of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes*
- makes its argument using appeals to reason
- features citations for all controversial claims
- was never published elsewhere and represents your original work
Submissions come in four forms:
- Articles (1,500 -10,000 words)
- Responses to previously published articles either in our journal or another prominent publication. (1,500 – 5,000 words)
- Book Reviews (1,000 – 4,000 words)
- Letters to the Editor (500 – 2,000 words)
Please note in the subject line of your email which of the four above you are submitting.
In order to submit your manuscript, please email it as a word document attachment to Michael.Shindler@TheApollonianRevolt.com along with a short cover letter. If we choose to publish your article, you will be notified within five business days. Due to possible copyright violations we ask that you not publish articles published by our journal elsewhere without our express permission. Any queries** or questions about the submission process may be sent to the email address above.
* While our journal publishes articles written predominantly in American English, we are more than happy to publish manuscripts that utilize the distinct spelling and grammar conventions of other countries throughout the anglosphere.
**We highly encourage queries from first time contributors and younger writers. If you’re not exactly sure what shape your article should take or what format you should use, send an email to editor@TheApollonianRevolt.com.